Nestling on the edge of Dartmoor National Park and surrounded by beautiful countryside, Ashburton is a colourful and bustling historic town with a strong sense of community.
Ashburton is the open door with a wide range of independent shops, restaurants and pubs to keep you fortified and ready to explore Dartmoor and beyond to the sea.
out & about in ashburton and dartmoor
Ashburton has an active Arts centre with offering a fantastic and varied programme or spend a few days enjoying the big world of Dartmoor.
A great location and network for walking & cycling or generally just taking time out relaxing... or a jumping off point for:
- Ashburton Cookery School
- Buckfast Abbey - working Benedictine Monastery with garden events, concerts and workshops.
- Dartmoor National Park, rivers for Kayaking and exploring
- Dartington Hall and grounds
- Dartington glass shop
- English Rivera and coast line.
- Numerous carnivals, Food festivals, Arts, Crafts and Antiques events
79 East Street, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7AL
Ashburton is located on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park just off the A38 and between Exeter and Plymouth. Ten minutes (5 miles) from the open space of the moors and twenty minutes (15miles) from the English Riviera.
The nearest train stations are Newton Abbot and Totnes.